Chewy Choc & Hazelnut Cookies

By Fongolicious - November 26, 2011


I've been making these cookies for many many years. This recipe I found in my Mum's pile of recipe cut-outs while searching for chewy cookies (not crunchy), so unfortunately I can't credit anyone specifically for this one. Note on this - its a lot easier if you have an cake mixer. 

Method
150g butter
1 cup brown sugar – packed (I cut it down to 2/3 cup)
1 egg – beaten (make sure you do this)
1¼ cups self raising flour
1 cup choc chip or chunks (I get block chocolate and chop it up myself)
½ cup crushed hazelnuts (can replace with almonds, peanuts etc)

1.  Cream butter and sugar until pale in colour.
2. Add egg and beat well.
3. Mix in flour
4. Then chocolate and nuts, mix well.
Dough!

5.   Place heaped teaspoonfuls of mixture onto greased baking trays, allow room for spreading.
Before

6.    Bake at 170C for 10 minutes before removing from trays.

After


Note: For crunchy biscuits use 1 cup of self raising flour and ½ cup plain flour and cook at 180C.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments