Mini Black Forest Red Velvet Cupcakes

By Fongolicious - February 18, 2012

vday3
Valentine’s day 2012 was a quiet one. But I did celebrate with a little bit of love. I adapted my current red velvet cupcake recipe.

This time around I changed it up a bit.
Red heart I put them in mini cupcake moulds without patty pans, but just greased really well with oil.

Red heart I added the vanilla essence while mixing the cocoa powder with the red food colouring. This allows me to use less colouring but still get the nice pasty consistency.

Red heart I made it “black forest” by putting some Morello cherries in the middle.

Red heart Reduced the heat slightly (170C) and the time in oven to about 8 to 12 minutes


 
And I came up with this – loved by all who had it.






  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments