Rainbow Cupcakes

By Fongolicious - March 02, 2013




Happy Mardi Gras! To celebrate 2013 Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras - I've made some rainbow cupcakes. I used my white chocolate rainbow cake recipe and made them in miniature form. These were really good - even if I say so myself! It was moist and vibrant and really tasty! As my friend Sheree said – “Not just a pretty face”, in reference to the cupcakes. Winking smile

Below a few notes that differ from my original recipe.


Rainbow Recipe makes 15 cupcakes.

Rainbow Using dessert/teaspoon to spoon each colour on top of the previous colour into each cup.

Rainbow Use a tooth pick to swirl (if you want) the mixture before putting in the oven. Be sure not to over do it, otherwise it will just mix together.

Rainbow Baked for about 20 minutes, check after 10 and 15minutes.

Rainbow Frosting recipe = Beat together 125g cream cheese (at room temperature), 60g butter, 1/2 tspn vanilla essence, 2 tspn lime juice, 3/4 cup icing sugar.

Rainbow Pipe frosting with a large star nozzle.

Rainbow Garnish with 100s and 1000s sprinkles.




Thanks Jason for taking this shot

Thanks Maz for taking this shot 


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments