Last weekend's grocery shopping resulted in a bargain 10 passionfruits for $2! Woo! Hmm... what shall I do with these...? Passionfruit melting moments? Okay!
Credit goes to taste.com.au and cadbury (only for the filling - don't touch the biscuit recipe - twas a fail!)
That's the end of my story - enjoy!
250g butter, softened
1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
1/2 teaspoon lemon essence
1/2 cup icing sugar mixture, sifted
2 cups plain flour
1/3 cup cornflour
125g white chocolate, roughly chopped
125g block cream cheese, roughly chopped
Pulp of 3 passionfruit
1. Preheat oven to 160°C. Line 2 to 3 baking trays with non-stick baking paper.
2. Using an electric mixer, cream butter, essences and icing sugar mixture until light and fluffy. Sift in flours. Beat on low speed until a soft dough forms.
3. Roll heaped teaspoonfuls of mixture into small balls. Place on trays. Using a fork dipped in flour, lightly flatten each biscuit until 1cm thick. Make sure there is an even number of biscuits.
4. Bake for 15 minutes or until firm. Cool on trays for 5 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
5. Meanwhile, place cream cheese in a small pot and over medium to low heat until melted and smooth. Stir occasionally. Remove from heat and add white chocolate. Keep stiring until chocolate has melted and mixture is smooth. Stir in passionfruit pulp. Set aside to cool.
6. Spread flat side of 1 biscuit with a thick layer of filling. Top with another biscuit. Repeat with remaining biscuits and filling. Dust with icing sugar.